Amethyst stone is a purple-colored, semiprecious gem of the quartz mineral family. It is known as katela or jamunia in the Hindi language. It is a substitute for neelam stone and people use it to protect themselves from the evil effects of Saturn. This stone is considered extremely important in reducing the effects of alcoholism. This stone is also known as amethystos in Greek, which means “not to be drunk” (a- “not” and methyein- “to be drunk”). It’s a February birthstone.
Physical properties/ chemical composition
The chemical formula for amethyst is silicon dioxide (SiO2), and its hardness on the Mohs scale is 7. The specific gravity is 2.65, and the RI ranges from 1.544 to 1.553.
Benefits/effects and uses
1) For weight loss
Amethyst aids in weight loss by reducing our body fat. It balances the hormones, which improves weight loss. It also makes it easier to avoid bad habits, allowing us to stick to our diets, eat healthier foods, and exercise consistently.
2) Metaphysical benefits:
It activates and connects with the crown chakra and encourages the wearer’s third eye to open. It also works as a safeguard against black magic.
3) As an anniversary gift
Amethyst works to increase love in a married couple, and it is customary to give it as a gift on the fourth or sixth wedding anniversary. It helps keep the love alive.
4) Having the right mindset and setting goals
Amethyst, a semi-precious stone, motivates us to set and achieve realistic goals. With the aid of amethyst, we will think more innovatively about our goals, and in the process, we’ll be able to use our own higher wisdom, leading us to create powerful plans to achieve our goals.
How to wear
- Weight: A minimum of one-seventh of one’s body weight in Ratti
- Color: strong reddish purple or purple
- Metal -Silver
- Finger: The working hand’s middle finger, or can be worn as a locket.
- Day and time: Saturday (5:30 a.m.–7:00 a.m.), Krishna paksha
- Chanting Mantra: – Take a metal bowl and put the stone in it, and add Ganga Jal, a few tulsi leaves, cow milk (unboiled), honey, and ghee at the end. Now read the mantra 108 times, “Om Sham Shanishcharaye Namah,” then take the ring, wash it with water, and wear it.
Who should wear it
Pisces people should wear AMETHYST after consulting an astrologer. Aries, Cancer, Leo, and Scorpio people can also wear it in certain situations. Wear this stone if the position of Shani in your Kundli is not right and you are troubled by it. Wearing Jamunia removes Saturn’s flaws and false impressions, and the person received money, honor, and great health.