Natural Zircon is a beautiful and magnificent gemstone that has been worn since antiquity. It comes in almost all colors, but white is the most popular as rashi ratna. White zircon is associated with the planet Venus and is also used as a substitute for Diamond. It is one of the modern birthstones for December-born people.
Physical properties/ chemical composition
The chemical composition of zircon is ZrSiO4 (formula unit, Z = 4). Its hardness is 6 to 7.5, according to the Mohs scale. The specific gravity of zircon is 4.6–4.7. The refractive index of Zircon stone is 1.93–1.987.
Benefits or uses of natural zircon
- It improves the wearer’s physical and mental strength and is useful for meditation.
- It aids in the realization of visions and dreams.
- It promotes physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- Zircon is an excellent stone for women. It allows them to get along better with other women.
- It clears the way for blocked energies in the body and promotes overall harmony.
- Zircon is a health blessing for people who have abdominal problems or diseases of the reproductive system.
- Zircon aids in the treatment of dizziness and muscle pain.
- This stone aids in the enhancement of the wearer’s memory.
- It aids in the prevention of migraines and the weariness that comes with aging.
- It is known to be beneficial to those who suffer from asthma and aids in the healing of the lungs and general respiratory issues.
- It brings inner peace and purity.
- It is also said to be beneficial to pregnant women, giving them the strength to give birth.
- Zircon stimulates the wearer’s curiosity and increases their interest in science and the pursuit of knowledge.
- This stone is thought to have magical properties that aid in the removal of negativity and feelings of deception from the mind of the person who wears it.
How to wear
- Minimum weight: 6.5 ratties
- Color: white or colorless (the stone must be transparent).
- Metal: Silver
- Finger: middle finger- right hand (ladies-left hand)
- Day and Time: Friday (6 a.m.–8 a.m.), Shukla Paksha
- Mantra: “Om Shun Shukraye Namah” (108 times)
Who should wear/ for which rashi?
- ZIRCON is associated with the planet Venus in Indian astrology. As a result, astrologers believe that wearing a zircon stone helps boost a weakly placed Venus in a person’s birth chart, resulting in mental peace, a positive attitude, and confidence.
- Zircon Ratna is recommended by Vedic astrology for Tula (Libra) and Vrishabha (Taurus) Rashi.
- Zircon is the birthstone for the Cancer zodiac sign, according to Western astrology.
- It can also be worn by Gemini and Capricorn ascendants.