The Turquoise stone is associated with Jupiter’s planet, also known as Firoza Ratna. This comes in greenish-blue and light blue to dark blue colors. It is normal for some light-to-dark spots to appear in this (especially in Iranian firoza). Like Blue sapphire, it shows its effect very quickly. It’s a semi-precious birthstone for December-born people. Turquoise is named after the country of Turkey.
The hardness of turquoise is 5–6 on the Mohs scale with its chemical composition of hydrated copper aluminium phosphate (CuAl6(PO4)4(OH)8•5H2O). It has a refractive index of 1.61 to 1.65 and a specific gravity of 2.60 to 2.83.
Benefits or Uses
1) In situations of viral infections, rheumatism, and digestive issues, the stone is said to be helpful.
2) It lowers pain and cramps and has anti-inflammatory and purifying qualities. TURQUOISE is also used to heal cataracts and sore throats.
3) It is very beneficial for people who do work related to fashion, like clothes, shoes, perfume, or any artistic work.
4) It provides defense against bad omens and malevolent spirits.
5) It brings out the hidden creative side of a person.
6) The color turquoise fosters self-awareness and facilitates unique thought. It promotes romantic love.
7) People who are addicted to alcohol, gambling, or smoking should wear turquoise. It helps to get rid of all these things.
8.) If a person’s mind keeps on changing again and again and does not stay in one place, such a person should wear Firoza; it helps to stabilize the mind.
9) Because Jupiter is the God of knowledge and the Turquoise Stone is the representative of the planet Jupiter, people working in the field of education and students get special benefits from wearing it.
How to wear Turquoise stone
- Weight: minimum 5.5 Ratti
- Color: medium to dark blue
- Metal: gold, silver, or copper
- Finger: index or ring finger of the right hand (ladies, left hand)
- Day and Time: Thursday, 6–8 a.m.
- Mantra: 108 times (Om Graham Greem Groom Saha Gurvey Namah)
Who should wear/ use for which Rashi
This extraordinary stone is the birthstone of Sagittarius (Dhanu Rashi). Other than this it can be worn by Aquarians and Pisceans as well. It can be given as a gift on the 11th wedding anniversary.